Certificate in Plantsmanship
Certificate in Plantsmanship VHT033
If you are interested in this course, please request your free course information pack by completing the form to the right of screen.
This course lays a foundation, sharpening your knowledge and skills for identifying plants; and then progresses to build the scope of plants you are able to identify.
At the end of this course you will be able to look at plants with greater focus, naturally seeing the characteristics that differentiate a plant from others, and placing it into a group (family or genus) which exhibits those characteristics. In doing so, you will find it easier to identify plants, and work out their classification, even if you do not know precisely what they are.
Core Modules: These modules provide foundation knowledge for the Certificate in Plantsmanship.
- Botany I (Plant Physiology And Taxonomy) BSC104
- Horticulture II (Plant Knowledge) BHT102
Elective Modules: In addition to the core modules, students study any 4 of the following 25 modules.
- Acacias VHT114
- African Violets VHT105
- Australian Native Trees VHT115
- Australian Natives I BHT113
- Azaleas & Rhododendrons VHT106
- Cacti & Succulents VHT108
- Carnivorous Plants VHT107
- Eucalypts VHT117
- Fuchsias VHT112
- Growing Annuals BHT115
- Growing Camellias VHT109
- Growing Grevilleas VHT118
- Herb Culture BHT114
- Australian Natives II BHT225
- Commercial Vegetable Production BHT222
- Deciduous Trees BHT244
- Fruit Production - Temperate Climate BHT218
- Lavender BHT228
- Orchid Culture BHT232
- Palms & Cycads BHT233
- Roses BHT231
- Tropical Plants BHT234
- Bonsai BHT320
- Ferns BHT314
- Proteas BHT318
Note that each module in the Certificate in Plantsmanship is a short course in its own right, and may be studied separately.