|Qualification||Statement of Attainment|
|Payment Options||Upfront & Payment Plans|
|Delivery||Online & Correspondence|
Growth of Distance Education
Distance Education is one of the strongest growth areas in vocational and tertiary education. There are two main reasons for this:
Disadvantages of distance education are obvious:
• The teacher/trainer cannot see the students face to face continually throughout every part of the course
• The students cannot see and hear the teacher/trainer continually throughout all parts of the course.
• Students need to maintain motivation without peer encouragement or teacher input
• Students need to be more self disciplined in their approach to their studies
Advantages of Distance Education are both obvious and not so obvious.
Obvious advantages include:
• The student has greater flexibility in terms of when and where and how often they study
• The tutor has more flexibility regarding when and where to assess or to respond to students.
Not so obvious advantages are:
• The student does not get bored with the teacher.
• The student cannot lose attention in the midst of study through others in the class
• The teacher cannot be so easily upset, disturbed or stressed by particular students
• There is a reduced likelihood of teachers/trainers becoming overly stressed and letting that stress impact on the quality of training.
• The student is more likely to have the undivided attention of their tutor whenever they interact (eg. Through written communications, phone calls, or meetings).
• There may be greater equity. The course may be better documented than a lecture; hence, if developed properly, there is less chance of a lesson not succeeding. For example, in a classroom, everything depends on the lecturer. If they have a bad day, are sick or over stressed, this can reflect in the way they deliver the lesson. However once written, a distance education lesson will be delivered with the same consistency to all students who attempt it.
• Students can feel that they have a closer relationship with their tutor/teacher as there is no classroom competition for attention.
There are 9 lessons in this course:
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
Request your free info pack today!
If you are an Australian citizen you may be eligible to receive financial support, meaning you can defer payment of your course fees. Additionally, if you are an Australian resident you may also be eligible to receive Abstudy/Austudy or Youth Allowance.Student support
We live in a society where the pressures of daily living are high with financial expenses, personal and work commitments, and mortgage and rental obligations. Then there are the unexpected life challenges that also get thrown our way. With this in mind the thought of taking on study can be daunting for most people. Here at Learning Cloud we understand that life doesn’t run in a straight line it has many ups and downs.
As an enrolled student at Learning Cloud, you are entitled to access a variety of non-academic support services from the Student Services Unit. These supports are designed to walk beside you throughout your studies they will assist you in life’s ups and downs to provide you the best opportunity to successfully complete your chosen course.
STUDENT SERVICES PROGRAMS INCLUDE:
Want more information about financial and student support? Fill out the enquiry form to the right and a study consultant will contact you with the details you need.
How will this course advance my career?
Learning Cloud programs have been developed in response to industry demand and are specifically designed to equip graduates with work-ready skills. Each participant will be trained and assessed in theory and in practical tasks and Real-world exercises are used throughout the program.
Studies prove, time and again, that college-educated workers earn more than those with only a high school qualification. College graduates often enjoy additional benefits, including greater job opportunities and promotions. Though the proof for greater earning potential exists, some might wonder whether the cost of the education warrants the overall expense in the long run.
College Graduate vs. Non-Graduate Earnings
The National Centre for Education Statistics (NCES) analyses employee earnings data biennially, according to education level. Findings indicate that workers with a qualification earn significantly more than those without. Since the mid-1980s, education has played a large part in potential wages, with bachelor's degree holders taking home an average of 66% more than those with only a high school diploma do. While college-educated workers' wages have increased over the past two decades, those with only a high school education have seen decreases in annual salaries in the same time period (nces.ed.gov).
How else will I benefit from studying with Learning Cloud?