At 100 hours of study, this course includes, but exceeds the scope of a typical Train the Trainer Course.
It is appropriate for people teaching at a vocational level, or involved in supervising and instructing staff in a workplace situation.
Who Should Do this Course?
- Supervisors ore team leaders
- Managers and Business owners
- Skills Teachers or Workplace Trainers
There are 11 lessons in this course:
- Introduction to Training
- Communication channels
- Skills for an effective communicator
- Responsibilities of a trainer to achieve effective communication
- Main approaches to helping learning; psychodynamic, phenomenological, behavioural, cognitive-behavioural and transactional analysis
- Understanding communication barriers
- Trainer responsibilities beyond communication
- Leadership concepts
- Public speaking skills
- Causes of confusion
- Writing a speach to communicate a learning point
- Understanding Learning
- What is learning
- How learning is influenced by the teacher, student and materials
- Learning terminology
- Teaching strategies
- Common teaching modes
- Class size
- Teaching models
- Recognising the learners needs
- Adult learners
- children/adolescent learners
- Determining Training Requirements in The Workplace
- Assessing Needs
- How to gather information
- How to use the information you gather
- Commencing Training
- Arranging resources
- Training program support
- Developing a Lesson Plan
- Lesson aims
- Structure of a lesson plan
- Contingency planning
- Writing a lesson plan
- Assessment and Evaluation of Training Programs
- Tests and examinations
- Evaluation of training programs
- Evaluation checklist
- Training Aids
- Using audio visual equiment
- Visual materials; illustrations, whiteboard, charts etc
- Audio materials
- One-To-One Training
- Leadership communication
- Tutorial sessions
- Conversation development
- Motivation for learning
- Self esteem
- Trainer relationship building
- Body language
- Motivation Skills and Techniques
- What is motivation
- Motivational theories
- Improving motivation
- Promoting Training
- Influencuing opponents
- Influencing neutrals
- Handling criticism
- Logical persuasion
- Assessor Training
- Recognition of Prior learning
- Assessor training
- Research skills
- Interviewing skills
- Asking effective questions
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
- Analyse the communication effectiveness within a training environment.
- Explain characteristics which influence the effectiveness of education, including aspects of both learning and teaching.
- Define training requirements for a specified workplace.
- Prepare for commencement of a training session.
- Develop a lesson plan for training a small group (less than twelve).
- Develop skills in the assessment and evaluation of training programs.
- Demonstrate the use of audio-visual equipment for lesson presentation.
- Demonstrate the instruction of a learner in a one-to-one situations.
- Determine the use of simple motivational skills in a training environment.
- To promote training and monitor the result of promotion.
- Prepare trainees to meet the requirements of the competency standards for assessors.
What You Will Do
- Identify interactions that can occur between teacher and learner in a case study.
- Compare adult learning characteristics with child learning characteristics.
- Diagnose in 4 case studies, common barriers for learning, including;
- Class Disruptions
- Fear of Complexitie
- Investigate how different training programs are promoted through newspapers, magazines, brochures, handbooks, trade show displays, radio advertising etc.
- Consider the effectiveness of different promotions you discover.
- Describe an appropriate procedure for the notification of trainees of a forthcoming (hypothetical) training session. This training session can be on a topic selected by you
- Identify eight different methods which may be used for promoting training courses for a training provider who you are familiar with. These may be methods which are already being used, or they may be methods which you think may be worth trying.
- Collect information on assessment procedures.
- Look at assessment procedures in several courses.
- Talk to a number of teachers/trainers about how they assess their students/trainees.
- Look at school handbooks to see if they list assessment methods for the different courses they cover.
- Talk to people who have done courses recently. How where they assessed? Would they have preferred to have been assessed in a different manner? If so, how?
- Make a short audio recording giving instruction on a subject you feel comfortable about, for example, discussing vehicle performance, a discussion on bird breeding, the use of natural remedies, etc.
If you are an Australian citizen you may be eligible to receive financial support,
meaning you can defer payment of your course fees. Additionally, if you are an
Australian resident you may also be eligible to
receive Abstudy/Austudy or Youth Allowance.
We live in a society where the pressures of daily living are high with financial
expenses, personal and work commitments, and mortgage and rental obligations.
Then there are the unexpected life challenges that also get thrown our way.
With this in mind the thought of taking on study can be daunting for most people.
Here at Learning Cloud we understand that life doesn’t run in a straight line it
has many ups and downs.
As an enrolled student at Learning Cloud, you are entitled to access a variety of
non-academic support services from the Student Services Unit. These supports are
designed to walk beside you throughout your studies they will assist you in life’s
ups and downs to provide you the best opportunity to successfully complete your
STUDENT SERVICES PROGRAMS INCLUDE:
- Careers Counselling Service
- General Counselling Service
- Disability Liaison Service
- Retention & Engagement Service
- Student Activities
- Disabled Australian Apprentice Wage Subsidy (DAAWS)
- E Counselling
- Parent support
- Reasonable Adjustment Plan (RAP)
Call our student support today on 1300 650 569 or Email Faculty
Get more information
Want more information about financial and student support? Fill out the enquiry
form to the right and a study consultant will contact you with the details
How will this course advance my career?
Learning Cloud programs have been developed in response to industry demand
and are specifically designed to equip graduates with work-ready skills.
Each participant will be trained and assessed in theory and in practical tasks
and Real-world exercises are used throughout the program.
Studies prove, time and again, that college-educated workers earn more than those
with only a high school qualification. College graduates often enjoy additional
benefits, including greater job opportunities and promotions. Though the proof for
greater earning potential exists, some might wonder whether the cost of the
education warrants the overall expense in the long run.
College Graduate vs. Non-Graduate Earnings
The National Centre for Education Statistics (NCES) analyses employee earnings data
biennially, according to education level. Findings indicate that workers with a
qualification earn significantly more than those without. Since the mid-1980s,
education has played a large part in potential wages, with bachelor's degree holders
taking home an average of 66% more than those with only a high school diploma do.
While college-educated workers' wages have increased over the past two decades,
those with only a high school education have seen decreases in annual salaries in
the same time period (nces.ed.gov).
How else will I benefit from studying with Learning Cloud?
- Studying online or distance means you can study where you want
and at your own pace.
- Receive career-focused training with practical, hands-on learning.
- All course materials are provided and all digital platforms are
interactive, work on any device and designed to be fun.
- Recognition of Prior Learning or Skills Recognition may be available
for previous work experience, formal training or qualifications in this field.