ADVANCED COMPUTER REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE - DISTANCE LEARNING
Gain advanced computer servicing skills.
This follows on from Computer Servicing II dealing further with more advanced computer repairs.
Is this course right for me?
This is the ideal course for people who are experienced in IT and are looking to improve on their knowledge.
- Compare alternative solutions to different types of faults determined in PC computer systems
- Repair hardware faults determined in PC computer systems
- Repair software faults determined in PC computer systems
- Install hardware components in a computer
Pre-requisites: Computer Servicing II (or equivalent)
There are 9 lessons in this course:
- Removable storage
- Introduction; overview
- Volatile memory
- Non volatile memory
- Magnetic disk media
- Magnetic tape media
- Magneto optical drives
- Flash memory media
- Pen drives
- External hard drives
- Silicon and computers
- Linear electronics
- Simple semiconductor devices
- pn junction diode
- Other diodes' zener, vericap, light emitting, etc
- Bipolar transistors
- Field effect transistors
- Digital electronics
- AND gate
- OR gateNOT gate
- NOR gate
- NAND gate
- XOR gate
- XNOR gate
- Audio systems
- Different audio files
- MIDI sound files
- Types of sound cards
- How to install a sound card
- How to configure software for a sound card
- How does a sound card work
- Common problems with sound cards and how to solve them
- Video systems
- Overview and Video system interfaces
- Video card functions
- PCI local Bus
- Types of graphic cards
- Types of monitors: CRT, LCD, LRD, Gas plasma
- Multiple displays
- Troubleshooting tips
- Laptops and other portable devices
- PDA's -brief overview
- Common problems
- Blackberries and common problems
- Rechargeable battery technology: NiCad, NiMh, Lithium ion
- Dead cells
- Digital cameras
- Digital advantages
- Chips and flash
- Portable printers
- Common printer problems and causes
- Portable DVD
- Diagnosis and regular maintenance
- Software types
- System software
- Utility software
- Application software
- Regular computer servicing: maintenance procedure
- Disk cleanup
- Disk defragmenter
- The BIOS
- Upgrading the BIOS
- Troubleshooting BIOS Beep codes
- Troubleshooting hardware
- Networking: an introduction
- Types of LAN
- LAN Topology
- Hardware for a basic network
- Network cards
- Network cable
- Networking devices
- Types of networks
- Wireless networks
- Software lisencing
- Network security and information security
- Proxy server
- Intrusion detection systems
- The Internet
- Security on the internet
- Types of threats: viruses, trojan horses, adware and malware, Denial of service attacks,Spamming, Phising, Hoaxes, etc.
- Page not found
- Web traffic
- Stuck in page
- Broadband connections need firewalls
- Test parallel port driver and hardware
- Test printer driver
- Check the program
- Check printing stack
- Solving common printer problems
- Printer cables
- Power lead
- Paper jams
- Printer picking up multiple sheets
- Paper won't feed
- Toner smearing
- Not printing from expected tray
- Printer error messages
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
- Describe as many of the different forms of removable storage used by computer systems, digital cameras, PDA’s, MP3 players and other computer peripherals
- Explain electronics as a basis for undertaking repairs to computers and peripherals.
- Discuss the audio systems primarily on IBM compatible Pc’s but is also relevant to other systems such as the Apple Mac.
- Discuss the video systems primarily on IBM compatible Pc’s but is also relevant to other systems such as the Apple Mac.
- Suggest troubleshooting solutions for laptops, PDA’s, MP3 players, Digital cameras and other portable devices.
- Discuss diagnosis and maintenance procedures to help identify and prevent common hardware and software problems.
- Describe the connectivity of computer systems.
- Discuss the Internet and common problems relating to its use.
- Explain printers, their applications, and how to deal with printer related problems.
Request your free info pack today!
If you are an Australian citizen you may be eligible to receive financial support,
meaning you can defer payment of your course fees. Additionally, if you are an
Australian resident you may also be eligible to
receive Abstudy/Austudy or Youth Allowance.
We live in a society where the pressures of daily living are high with financial
expenses, personal and work commitments, and mortgage and rental obligations.
Then there are the unexpected life challenges that also get thrown our way.
With this in mind the thought of taking on study can be daunting for most people.
Here at Learning Cloud we understand that life doesn’t run in a straight line it
has many ups and downs.
As an enrolled student at Learning Cloud, you are entitled to access a variety of
non-academic support services from the Student Services Unit. These supports are
designed to walk beside you throughout your studies they will assist you in life’s
ups and downs to provide you the best opportunity to successfully complete your
STUDENT SERVICES PROGRAMS INCLUDE:
- Careers Counselling Service
- General Counselling Service
- Disability Liaison Service
- Retention & Engagement Service
- Student Activities
- Disabled Australian Apprentice Wage Subsidy (DAAWS)
- E Counselling
- Parent support
- Reasonable Adjustment Plan (RAP)
Call our student support today on 1300 650 569 or Email Faculty
Get more information
Want more information about financial and student support? Fill out the enquiry
form to the right and a study consultant will contact you with the details
How will this course advance my career?
Learning Cloud programs have been developed in response to industry demand
and are specifically designed to equip graduates with work-ready skills.
Each participant will be trained and assessed in theory and in practical tasks
and Real-world exercises are used throughout the program.
Studies prove, time and again, that college-educated workers earn more than those
with only a high school qualification. College graduates often enjoy additional
benefits, including greater job opportunities and promotions. Though the proof for
greater earning potential exists, some might wonder whether the cost of the
education warrants the overall expense in the long run.
College Graduate vs. Non-Graduate Earnings
The National Centre for Education Statistics (NCES) analyses employee earnings data
biennially, according to education level. Findings indicate that workers with a
qualification earn significantly more than those without. Since the mid-1980s,
education has played a large part in potential wages, with bachelor's degree holders
taking home an average of 66% more than those with only a high school diploma do.
While college-educated workers' wages have increased over the past two decades,
those with only a high school education have seen decreases in annual salaries in
the same time period (nces.ed.gov).
How else will I benefit from studying with Learning Cloud?
- Studying online or distance means you can study where you want
and at your own pace.
- Receive career-focused training with practical, hands-on learning.
- All course materials are provided and all digital platforms are
interactive, work on any device and designed to be fun.
- Recognition of Prior Learning or Skills Recognition may be available
for previous work experience, formal training or qualifications in this field.