Engineering II - Engineering Applications
Engineering II - Engineering Applications BSC205
IMPROVE YOUR ENGINEERING KNOWLEDGE
This course provides an achievable first step towards a career and future you want...an opportunity to test the water without over commiting. Advance your knowledge in Engineering and take steps to secure a workplace in a field you like. Apply appropriate and innovative engineering solutions to improve efficiency and productivity in agriculture and horticulture.
A basic understanding of Engineering function is assumed - equivalent to Engineering I.
There are 9 lessons in this course:
- Water management
- Environmental control
- Chemical applications
- Engineering efficiency
- Developing engineering solutions
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
- Explain surveying, including basic principles and techniques, appropriate for horticulture and agriculture
- Determine earthworks required for an agricultural or horticultural site
- Determine appropriate water management for an horticultural/agricultural site.
- Determine technological solutions for environmental control problems, in rural or horticultural situations.
- Explain the operation of equipment commonly used to apply pesticides and other chemicals in both horticultural and agricultural workplaces.
- Determine appropriate fencing to use for different purposes; including security and restricting the movement of animals, pests or traffic, in agricultural and horticultural situations.
- Explain the operation of machinery commonly used to mechanise manual tasks
- carried out in horticultural and agricultural workplaces.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of engineering applications in agricultural and horticultural workplaces.
- Determine procedures for improving work tasks in agricultural and horticultural situations.
Request your free info pack!