Advanced Certificate in Applied Management (Crops)
Advanced Certificate In Applied Management (Crops) VBS001
Many will use this course to become a farm manager, work in marketing horticultural crops or start your own business. Others will use it to enhance a career they have already started in the horticulture industry.
- Learn about management, marketing and business
- Learn about horticultural crop production
- Combine these skills and discover opportunities for employment and business in the cropping industry
- 900 hour, self paced practical course with options to upgrade
This Advanced Certificate develops both the skills required to manage a horticultural farm (eg. Market Garden, Orchard), and also the knowledge in the identification, growing, processing and marketing crops and crop related products. This course involves seven units, plus a 200 hr workplace project.
Core Modules: These modules provide foundation knowledge for the Advanced Certificate In Applied Management (Crops).
- Industry Project BIP000
- Industry Project II BIP001
- Business Operations VBS106
- Management VBS105
- Marketing Foundations VBS109
- Office Practices VBS102
Stream Modules: Studied after the core modules, stream modules cover more specific or niche subjects.
- Outdoor Plant Production (Crops I) BHT112
- Protected Plant Production BHT223
Elective Modules: In addition to the core modules, students study any 1 of the following 15 modules.
- Herb Culture BHT114
- Commercial Organic Vegetable Growing VHT241
- Commercial Vegetable Production BHT222
- Cut Flower Orchids VHT240
- Cut Flower Production BHT221
- Fruit Production - Temperate Climate BHT218
- Fruit Production - Warm Climate BHT217
- Nut Production BHT219
- Viticulture BHT220
- Weed Control BHT209
- Berry Production BHT309
- Bush Tucker Plants BHT328
- Cut Flower Bulbs BHT317
- Mushroom Production BHT310
- Warm Climate Nuts BHT308
Note that each module in the Advanced Certificate In Applied Management (Crops) is a short course in its own right, and may be studied separately.
For more information about this course, please request you're free course information pack today!