Fruit Production -Temperate Climate
Fruit Production -Temperate Climate BHT218
Study How to Grow Fruit Trees and other Fruits, at home; and become an expert at growing fruit.
- Study Fruit Growing; work on an orchard, start a business or develop your self sufficiency
- Grow your horticultural skills, learning from highly qualified horticulture tutors who know the industry, plants and growing techniques well. Benefit from their decades of experience
- Self paced, flexible, 100 hour course
This course is ideal for anyone serious about fruit growing; from the small hobby farmer to orchard worker, or enthusiastic amateur who aspires to win first prize for their fruit at the local garden show.
This course lays the foundation for improved success with growing fruit; no matter whether you seek greater sustainability in your life, or wish to explore or improve career or business opportunities.
There are 8 lessons in this course:
- Introduction to Temperate Fruit Growing
- Identify different types of fruit crops, which can be successfully grown in your region.
- Establishing an Orchard
- Develop a plan for the establishment of an orchard.
- General Cultural Practices
- Determine the cultural requirements for different fruit crops in your locality (Part A).
- Tree Fruits
- Determine the cultural requirements for different fruit crops in your locality (Part B).
- Vines, Nuts & Berries
- Determine the cultural requirements for different fruit crops in your locality (Part C).
- Determine the cultural requirements for different fruit crops in your locality (Part D).
- Cultural Management of a Fruit Plantation or Orchard
- Develop a calendar for cultural management of a fruit plantation, or orchard.
- Marketing Your Produce
- Formulate appropriate methods for marketing specific fruit crops grown in your locality.
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
Request your free info pack today!