Soil Management Horticulture
Learn the foundation of all good horticulture. Without a sound understanding of soils, you simply cannot realise your full potential as a horticulturist or gardener.
Online Soil Science Course
- Learn the foundation of all good horticulture. Without a sound understanding of soils, you simply cannot realise your full potential as a horticulturist or gardener.
- Develop your abilities to apply knowledge of soil properties at a management level.
- A course for gardeners, horticulturists, farmers, market gardeners, landscapers, orchardists, students or anyone else seeking to better understand how to grow plants better.
There are eight lessons in this module as follows:
Lesson 1 Physical & Chemical Properties Of Soils
Lesson 2 Soil Testing Methods
Lesson 3 Sustainable Soil Management
Lesson 4 Soils & Managing Earthworks
Lesson 5 Land Degradation & Other Soil Problems
Lesson 6 Container Growing
Lesson 7 Soil Science & Health
Lesson 8 Soil Management
Duration: 100 hours
- Identify and describe soil physical and chemical properties
- Explain processes, including forms of soil nitrogen and nitrogen cycles in soil, soil humus, texture, soil water, and pH.
- Understand the principles and procedures of soil testing in domestic and professional situations
- Understand principles of sustainable soil management
- Understand soil fertility and the practical development of natural soil fertility
- Explain earthworks management
- Explain land and soil degradation processes; and the prevention or amelioration of land degradation
- Describe soil management for container growing
For more information on this course, please request your free course information pack.