Learn the theory and applications for electronics - a foundation for working with electrical systems from battery operated devices and computers to audio visual equipment and more.
Understand the fundamental workings of electrical systems. Gain a fundamental understanding of electronics and get a good base understanding of electrical systems with this electronics course.
There are 9 lessons in this course:
- Nature and Scope of Electronics: Linear, Analogue and Digital
- Measuring Electricity
- Passive components -resistors capacitors, inductors
- Other Components -Diodes, Transistors, witches etc
- Input and Output devices
- Digital Electronics
- Applications - Working with Electronics
- Problem-Based Learning Project
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
- Explain the nature and scope of electricity, electric currents and applications for electric power.
- Explain how electricity is measured
- Identify and explain the function of important electrical components including resistors, capacitors and inductors.
- Interpret circuit diagrams
- Identify and explain the function of other components commonly found in electronic devices, including switches, diodes, semi conductors, integrated circuits and semi conductors.
- Explain how electric devices engage with a user, both through input and output components
- Explain digital electronics and how it differs to analogue electronics
- Explain the operation, maintenance and repair of a range of electronic devices
- Analyse the electronic components of a chosen device, determine how it’s electronic circuits function, then suggest any maintenance, repairs or other work that may be carried out with that device to sustain or improve it’s use
Perform bulk operations on your HTML document on any HTML tag. Choose to replace, delete the whole block, delete only the tag or delete the tag attributes only of the selected tags.