Photojournalism Practice l
Study photography from home!
Gain valuable journalism experience by publishing photos for a student publication.
This course takes you through the processes of selection and publishing for a specific publication, submitting work for publication, and meeting the requirements of an editor and publisher. Under the guidance of a mentor (a photography/publishing tutor), you will learn to shoot according to specific criteria, deal with a publisher, and communicate effectively with others involved in the publishing process.
You will come away with at least one published work (maybe more), which will set you on the path to a career as a photojournalist. No matter what you want to photograph, you will find this a great learning experience.
- A photography course (eg. Introduction to Photography, Photographic Practice, Digital Photography) or equivalent
- Medium level computer skills, or higher
There are 11 lessons in this course:
- Scope and Nature of Photojournalism -a short history
- Ethics and Photojournalism
- What Should I Photograph?
- How Should I Photograph It?
- Photo Stories / Editing Images
- Publishing Opportunities
- Working to Specification / Problem Based Learning
- Publishing Using Online Management Systems
- Taking Photos and Submitting Images
- Writing Articles and Captions to Accompany Your Image
- Revising Submitted Work
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.