Certificate in Construction
Certificate in Construction ASS300
For anyone who wants to broaden their skills and knowledge of construction from tradesmen and labourers to engineers and developers.
Construction is a broad industry involving aspects of the built environment from building construction to landscaping and land development.
Construction is and always has been a major employer; and despite changes in the way things are done (eg. increasing mechanisation), it is likely to always be a major part of the fabric of civilisation.
With Carpentry and Project management as core modules in this course, everyone who completes the certificate will have a fundamental understanding of how lots of different things are built, and how the building projects are managed; and as such, a foundation and key skills that are of value in any construction workplace. Beyond that, you have the opportunity to expand and diversify your studies through four electives. By allowing you to choose the electives you take, we are allowing each graduate an opportunity to have a different skills mix to other graduates. Being different is particularly important in today's world. By being different, you are able to stand out in the crowd, get noticed, and secure work that you might otherwise not have been able to get.
Core Modules: These modules provide foundation knowledge for the Certificate in Construction.
- Carpentry BSS100
- Project Management BBS201
- Masonry (Brick, Stone and Concrete Work) BSS101
Elective Modules: In addition to the core modules, students study any 3 of the following 11 modules.
- Alternative Energy VSS102
- Landscape Construction BHT111
- Machinery and Equipment BSC105
- Mud Brick Construction ASS103
- Workplace Health & Safety VBS103
- Workshop I BGN103
- Engineering II - Engineering Applications BSC205
- Green Walls and Roofs BHT256
- Healthy Buildings I (Building Construction & Health) BSS200
- Planning Layout And Construction Of Ornamental Gardens BHT242
- Healthy Buildings II (Building Environment & Health) BSS300
- Personnel Management VBS107
- Management VBS105
Note that each module in the Certificate in Construction is a short course in its own right, and may be studied separately.
For more information request your free info pack today!