Operational Business Management I (Horticulture)
Operational Business Management I (Horticulture) BHT326
A study focussing on managing Economics, Planning and Marketing of operations in horticulture. Your ability to manage a business can make a huge difference to your success in horticulture. In this course, you will learn to the business side of horticulture, including how to plan and implement effective strategies for your business and/or services. This is a module in the Royal Horticultural
There are 10 lessons in this course:
- The Economic Environment
- External Influences on Horticultural Enterprise
- Information Management for Horticulture
- Strategic Planning in Horticulture
- Implementing Strategies
- PBL Project:Developing a Business Plan
- Business Control Systems for Horticulture
- 8.Evaluating Horticultural Marketing
- 9.Marketing Strategies for Horticulture
- Each lesson should require around 10 hours of work, except for Lesson 6, which will require around 20 hours.
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
- Explain the economic environment in which horticultural business operates.
- Appraise the impact of external influences.
- Establish the type of information required for operations in both commercial businesses and service organisations.
- Examine the process and analyse approaches to strategic planning.
- Examine the process and analyse approaches to strategy formation and implementation.
- Prepare a business plan.
- Assess the importance of business control systems utilising IT integration into financial management; prepare, read and interpret annual statements, appreciate the importance of budgetary control.
- Identify the benefits involved when preparing marketing plans; analyse organisational strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Formulate customer-orientated and realisable strategies for selected markets
Interested? Request a free information pack today!