Certificate in Agricultural Business
Certificate in Agricultural Business BAG112
Agricultural Business programs have been developed in response to industry demand and are specifically designed to equip graduates with work-ready skills. Each participant will be trained and assessed in theory and in practical tasks. Real-world exercises are used throughout the program.
With a critical shortage of skilled managers in the agricultural sector, agribusiness companies and major banks are looking for employees skilled in business, management and finance, and who have technical agricultural training. There is also increasing demand for better trained managers of agricultural production enterprises.
Learning Clouds Agricultural Business Course provides students with a strong foundation in agribusiness and the skills and knowledge required to pursue a career in a variety of agricultural industries. The subjects provide balanced learning about agricultural production systems and managing agribusiness.
Core Modules: These modules provide foundation knowledge for the Qualification - Certificate in Agricultural Business.
- Bookkeeping Foundations BBS103
- Farm Management BAG104
- Agricultural Marketing BAG304
Elective Modules: In addition to the core modules, students study any 3 of the following 21 modules.
- Crops I (Outdoor Plant Production) BHT112
- Sales Skills VBS108
- Soil Management (Agriculture) BAG103
- Starting A Small Business VBS101
- Workplace Health & Safety VBS103
- Aquaculture -Marine BAG220
- Beef Cattle Management BAG206
- Dairy Cattle Management BAG205
- Fish Farming & Aquaculture BAG211
- Hydroponics I BHT224
- Hydroponics II - Hydroponic Management BHT213
- Pasture Management BAG212
- Pig Husbandry BAG209
- Plant Breeding BHT236
- Poultry Husbandry BAG208
- Sheep Husbandry BAG210
- Sustainable Agriculture BAG215
- Weed Control BHT209
- Environmental Assessment BEN301
- Organic Agriculture and Farming BAG305
- Organic Plant Culture BHT302
Note that each module in the Qualification - Certificate in Agricultural Business is a short course in its own right, and may be studied separately.
For more information about this course, please request your free course information pack.