Photoshop CS - Beginner To Medium Level
Photoshop CS - Beginner To Medium Level VIT202
Develop a basic understanding of how to create and manipulate images and artwork compositions using Adobe Photoshop for use on the web, email and print. This is an excellent entry level course for anyone wanting to use Photoshop CS in their work, and is also suitable for keen amateurs.
Gain skills in using palettes and layers, preparing images for web and print, using filters, masking, making adjustments and much more.
There are 9 lessons in this course:
- Learning the menus
- This lesson will familiarize the student with all of the main menu options and their basic functions.
- Working with digital image files
- This lesson provides an overview of the major digital file types, as well as how to resize an image and save from one file type to another.
- Understanding the Tool Palette
- This lesson teaches the student the various uses of the major Photoshop tools for creating and manipulating artwork, photos and digital compositions.
- Using Layers, Actions and History
- This lesson explores the capabilities of the Photoshop Layers palette, which is the foundation of why Photoshop is such a powerful creative tool.
- Digital painting, shapes and colours
- This lesson begins to explain the basic concepts of colour. The lesson continues by walking the student through a "How-to" guide to creating simple original artwork.
- Selecting, Resizing, Transforming and Masking
- This lesson explores the tools available for manipulating and transforming various components of an image or composition.
- Adjustments and modifications
- This lesson lists the steps required to improve the quality of an image by applying adjustments and modifications.
- Adding Filters and Styles
- This lesson will focus on the various styles and effects that can be applied to an image or composition.
- Preparing files for print and web
- This lesson will list the steps required to prepare the finished files for use in print, web, or email.
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
- Open digital files using Photoshop
- Resize images and save them in multiple file formats
- Create original graphics using the Photoshop tools
- Manipulate individual elements of a graphic composition or image
- Improve the quality of an image by applying modifications
- Apply interesting filters and effects to images or compositions
- Prepare files for the web, print or email.
For more information get your free course information pack today!